A healthy gazpacho
A gazpacho is a cold Spanish soup made from tomatoes and other salad vegetables. It’s one kind, Andalusian gazpacho is widely eaten in Spain, especially in hot summers as it gives a refreshing and cool feel.
Well, it is in red color but not all. There are some healthy white ones too. Here is the recipe to the one which is dairy free, egg free, rich in fiber, low added sugar, and vegetarian
- 2 English cucumbers, divided
- 2 cups of chopped yellow bell pepper, divided
- 2 cups 1-inch pieces crust less country style whole wheat bread
- 11/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds divided
- 3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, plus more for garnish
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dice enough unpeeled cucumber to equal half cup and with half cup bell pepper to refrigerate.
- Peel the remaining cucumbers and chop it. Working in two batches puree the already peeled cucumbers, pepper bells, almonds, bread, oil, garlic, vinegar in a blender until it smooths.
- Transfer the paste to a bowl and refrigerate it until chilled, say for two hours to up to a day.
- To serve to garnish it with the remaining almonds and the reserved vegetables.drizzle with a little oil if desired.