Baked Chicken With Red Pepper Flakes
Looking to eat something healthy and spicy? Try out this recipe:
- 1/2 cup honey or brown sugar
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 grated garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup hot/chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 kg boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to cook:
- Take a small pan and add brown sugar/honey, hot sauce, grated garlic, vinegar, soy sauce, and chili flakes and heat them all until the sugar get melted and it gets converted into a sauce.
- After it looks like a thick sauce, keep the sauce aside in a bowl and let it cool. Now take an oven safe large pan and add olive oil. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and let it get golden brown from both the side. You need to keep it for at least 3-5 minutes each side to make it golden brown.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F / 200 C and transfer the pan from stove to oven and let the chicken cook perfectly. It will take about 10-15 minutes but you have to keep on basting it with the sauce after every 5 minutes.
- After 15 mutes in the oven , check if the chicken is cooked or not. If it’s perfectly cooked, you are ready to eat it with brown rice or brown bread.