- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of whole bran cereal (Use Bagry’s bran cereal)
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-tablespoon sugar or splenda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh basil or thyme
- 2 beaten fluffy egg whites
- 1 cup of non-salted buttermilk
- ¼ cup cooking oil
Coat muffin cups with non-stick cooking oil and set aside. In a bowl stir together the all purpose flour, bran cereal, Parmesan cheese, sugar or splenda, baking powder, baking soda, and thyme or basil. Make a hole in the center of this mixture.
Now in another bowl combine egg whites buttermilk, and cooking oil. Add this mixture to the flour mixture in the center and stir just until batter is smooth.
Add the batter to the muffin cups.
Bake in oven a 400-degree for about 15-20 minutes or till it turns golden. Cool for 5 minutes. Remove from muffin cups and Serve.