Gujarati palak thepla
- Wheat flour or gehu ka aata:400 gm
- Palak or celery:1 cup
- Salt or Namak:1 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds or Jeera:1 teaspoon
- Carom seeds or Ajwain:1/2 teaspoon
- Green chili or Hari mirch:2
- Red chili or Lal mirch:1/4 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder or Haldi powder:1/4 teaspoon
- Curd or Dahi:3 table spoon
- Oil or Tel:1/2 Tablespoon
- Sieve wheat flour and add palak, ajwain, jeera, salt, green chilies, curd, red chili powder and1/2 table spoon oil in it.
- Mix them properly and knead soft dough with the help of water.
- Cover it and put aside for 20 minutes.
- Thepla dough is ready.
- Make small lemon sized rolls of this dough wrap the rolls or balls with dry flour and roll into a thin thepla 6-7 inches in diameter.
- Heat non-sticky pan place thepla on it.
- Press ladle on it and press until it get brown on both sides (you can use oil for frying but if we use theplas without oil it will be a healthy low calorie option).
- Thepla is ready.
- Now convert all balls into theplas with same procedure.
Serve with curd or pickle or chutney.