If you plan to serve chillahs for breakfast,soak the dal the previous evening,grind it at night and refrigerate,ready to use.These spectacular chillahs can be had without the paneer also.
Cup split whole green beans ( chilke waali moong dal), not sabut 2tbsp coriander-chopped very finely,1-2green chillies -chopped very finely1/2 tsp,1/2 tsp red chilli powder, 1 tsp chopped ginger,1 tbsp chopped garlic a pinch of baking soda
- 100 gm paneer -cut into 2-3” long fingers
- 1 tbsp oil, ½ tsp salt, ½ garam masala, ½ tsp red chilli powder
- Soak dal for 3-4 hours only.Strain.Add coriander, green chillies, salt, chilli powder, ginger, garlic and soda. Grind with 1cup water to a smooth batter. Add about ½ cup water to get a pouring consistency.Keep aside.
- Prepare the paneer by heating 1tbsp oil in a non-stivk pan. Add ½ tsp salt, garam masala and red chilli powder.Put off the gas.Add paneer piecse and mix gently with the oil.Return
to fire, saute for a few seconds.Keep aside
- To prepare the chillahs,heat a non-stick tawa or a pan (not too hot), smear 1tsp oil in the centre.
- Spread I karchhi (¼ cup) batter to make a chillah of a about 4” diameter.
- Turn over when the under side is done .
- Heat one prepared paneer piece on the side of the tawa.
- Place the paneer piece at one end of the chillah. Roll it up. Serve hot with pudina chutney or any other sauce