Hot Chilli Grilled Cheese
These dismantle version of a Chile Relleno turned sandwich wraps some heat and ooey gooey filling. The flavor of sourdough is amazing but any kind of bread will do. Do serve with coleslaw and sliced pineapple for a better taste.
- 2 Kg can pinto beans - low sodium preferably
- 4-5 green chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoon prepared salsa
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 8 slices brown bread
- Ready in thirty minutes
- First put the peppers in a microwave safe bowl, cover nicely with a plastic and microwave for 3 to 4 minutes. Let it covered and unattended until it cool enough to handle.
- Meanwhile mix beans, salsa, and salt in a bowl. Mash the beans to make a rough paste.
- In another bowl mix cheese, yogurt, scallions, and cilantro.
- Now take the peppers, slice each in half lengthwise and remove the stem and the seeds.
- Heat a panini maker to high.
- Spread 1/3 cup of bean mixture on bread slices. Top with the cheese mixture and place 2 pepper halves. Cover it with the another slice of bread.
- Grill the sandwiches in the panini maker until golden brown. Cut it into halves and serve immediately.