Servings: 4 about 1 ½ cup each
Total Time: 45 minutes
Prep Time: 45 minutes
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 10 ounces mushrooms
- 1 cup carrots
- 2 cups peas (6 ounces), stems and strings removed
- 1 bunch green onion, cut into 1-inch pieces, white and green parts divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- Grate 1 teaspoon lemon zest (grated lemon peel) and set aside.
- Take lemon Juice and whisk 3 tablespoons of the juice with broth, soy sauce and cornstarch in a small bowl.
- Heat oil.
- Add chicken and cook 4 to 5 minutes.
- Put it aside in a plate.
- Add mushrooms and carrots to the pan about 5 minutes. Add peas, green onion’s whites, garlic and the reserved lemon zest. Cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 seconds. Whisk the broth mixture and add to the pan; cook, stirring, until thickened, 2 to 3 minutes. Add green onion’s greens and the chicken and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
228 calories; 6.5 g fat (1 g saturated fat, 3 g mono unsaturated fat); 65 mg cholesterol; 13 g carbohydrates; 28 g protein; 3.5 g fiber; 449 mg sodium; 786 mg potassium
Vitamin A (110% daily value), Vitamin C (60% dv), Potassium (23% dv), Iron (15% dv).