Low Calorie Coconut Chutney
- ½ Cup fresh coconut, grated
- ½ Cup coriander, chopped
- 2 Tablespoon roasted channa dal (daria)
- 1-Tablespoon urad dal (split black lentils)
- 2 Small sized green chilies, chopped
- 1 Teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1 Teaspoon mustard seeds (sarson)
- 1 Whole dried red chili, broken
- 3-4 Curry leaves (kadipatta)
- A pinch of asafoetida (hing)
- 1-Teaspoon olive oil
In a non-stick pan heat oil and roast urad and channa daltill they are brown and crisp. Keep aside. Allow it to cool.
Now blend the dals in mixer.Now add to this grated coconut, chopped coriander, green chilies, grated ginger and salt and blend to fine paste using 3 tablespoons of water. Keep aside.
Next for tempering, heat olive oil in small non-stick pan, add to it mustard seeds, red chili and curry leaves. Stir-fry till the seeds crackle and add the hing.
Pour the tempering over the chutney. Store in fridge in an airtight jar.