Mexican Stuffed Acorn Squash
It’s super simple, super delicious, and healthy squash with bell peppers. Its a Mexican dish with squash stuffing. It is one of the dietary supplements with full of nutrition, and start every day to live a well, balanced and happy life.
- 3 Acorn squash (1 1/4 pounds each), halved and seeded
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 12 ounces 93%-lean ground turkey
- 3/4 cup chopped green sweet pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/4 cups cubed yellow summer squash
- 15 ounce can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 teaspoon salt-free fiesta lime seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- 6 tablespoons crumbled queso fresco
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro
Preparation time:15 Min
Ready In: 1 h 15 Min
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Pour 1/2 inch water into a large roasting pan; add acorn squash, cut sides down. Bake 30 minutes. Turn squash halves cut sides up; coat with cooking spray and sprinkle with 1/4 tbsp of the salt and the pepper. Bake 20 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a 10-inch non-stick pan heat with 1 tbsp of the oil over medium. Add ground turkey; cook until browned. Remove turkey from the cooking pan.
- In a pan, heat remaining 1 tbsp oil over medium flame. Add green pepper and onion; cook for 5 to 7 minutes, stir continuously until tender. Add summer squash and cook for 3 minutes until squash becomes soft.
- Add tomatoes, red pepper, and lime seasoning into a turkey. Cook for few minutes.
- Spoon turkey mixture into squash cavities. Bake 10 minutes. After baking top with queso fresco and cilantro.