1. Low-sodium chicken broth (fat-free) - half a cup
2. Dry white Wine - 3 tablespoons
3. Cognac (variety of brandy) - 2 tablespoons
4. Whole chicken (skinned and cut into pieces) - 1
5. Extra-virgin olive oil - 1 and a half teaspoons
6. Butter - 1 and a half teaspoons
7. Salt - 1/4 teaspoon
8. Black pepper(freshly ground) - 1/8 teaspoon
9. Peeled garlic - 40 cloves
10. Fresh thyme leaves - 2 teaspoons
1. In a small bowl mix chicken broth, cognac and dry white wine.
2. In a non-stick skillet heat at medium flame, oil and butter. Sprinkle salt and pepper on chicken pieces after rinsing and pat drying them, and then add the pieces onto the pan.
3. Cook the pieces for 2-3 minutes until they turn golden.
4. Remove from the flame and displace the chicken piece in an electric slow cooker.
5. In the now empty pan, add garlic drippings and saute them until for about a minute.
6. Add to it the broth mixture and cook at medium flame until the content is reduced to 1 cup.
7. Remove the pan from flame, and pour this reduced sauce over the chicken in the cooker. And let the chicken be cooked on LOW for 4 hours.
8. Your delicious garlic chicken is ready to be relished.