Tomato & Green Bean Casserole with Spicy Herb Pesto
Healthy diet habits are on an ever-increasing note nowadays. If you too are diet-conscious and prefer only healthy food in your daily meals, here’s a totally nutritious recipe which you will love to add to your diet.
The recipe is delicious and healthy and takes 30 minutes to be finally served on the table.
- Green Beans- 1 kg (cut into 2-inch pieces)
- Cherry tomatoes- one cup
- Shredded Cheddar cheese- half cup
Ingredients for Sauce
- Chopped Cilantro, parsley and chive (or green onion shoots)- Half cup
- Roasted Pistachios (use without removing the shells)- Half cup
- Garlic- one small clove
- Chopped Jalapeno pepper- a couple of tablespoons
- Lime juice- one tablespoon
- Cumin- third-quarter of a teaspoon
- Salt- to taste
- Olive oil – one- fourth of a cup
How to Cook-
- Cook the beans first by boiling the water and adding the beans into it. Leave it there for almost 6 minutes. Turn off the heat once the beans are tender. Drain and rinse them with cold water to get the exact texture.
- Preheat the broiler. Wait till it is completely heated.
- Make the sauce now. Put the herbs, half of the pistachios, jalapenos, lime juice, garlic, cumin and salt in the food processor. Once they are finely chopped, add oil and process again to make a pesto-like sauce.
- Get back to the bean now. Once they are dry, add them to a 3-quarts baking dish. Add tomatoes and sauce and mix everything well. Now add some grated cheese to get a rich texture.
- Broil the casserole for 4-6 minutes. Once the cheese is melted and turned brown, take the dish out from the oven.
- Add more pistachios and serve hot.
Your nutritious and delicious meal is ready to eat.
Enjoy and stay healthy.