- 1 and 1/2 cups poha (flattened rice flakes), thick variety
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander (dhania)
- 2 green chillies chopped
- 6 tablespoons low fat yogurt (dahi)
- 1 tablespoons soaked fine semolina
- 2-3 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander (dhania)
- salt according to taste
2 teaspoon oil
1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds ( rai / sarson seeds)
a pinch of asafoetida (hing)
Clean the poha in running water for a few seconds.Add the fresh coriander, green chillies, yoghurt, semolina, lime juice, sugar and salt and mix well.Grease a baking dish and spread this mixture evenly.
Now for the tempering, heat oil and put in the mustard seeds and asafoetida. Fry until they sizzle.Sprinkle this tempering mix over the poha mixture.
Bake in a hot oven at 200 degree C (400 degree F) for 15 minutes. Cut into pieces. Decorate with the fresh chopped coriander.