Dieters Cheese Cake
25 marie biscuits, 8 tsp milk, 2 & half tsp melted butter
Cheese Cake Filling
- 1ltr milk+2 tsp vinegar or 1 tsp citric acid crystals
- 2-3 tsp cheese spread (plain)
- 2 cups hung curd
- 1 tin of small pineapple, 1 cup pineapple syrp from the same tin, 4 tsp gelatin
- 12 sugar free tablets.
- 4 slices pineapple-chopped very finely
- ½ tsp pineapple essence, few drops yellow colour, rind of 1 lemon, and tsp of lemon juice
- 1 tsp cornflour and 1 tsp sugar dissolved in ½ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon pineapple or lemon essence, few drops green colour
- A lemon twist, 1-2 pineapple slices
- Crush biscuits roughly. Place in a small mixer grinder and add milk and melted butter. Blend till smooth and slightly moist.
- Spread the biscuits at the bottom of the serving dish, place in the fridge to set.
- Boil milk, reduce heat, add vinegar or citric acid, so as to curdle milk. Remove from heat and strain to get home mad paneer.
- Place hung curd, paneer and cheese spread in a blender and blend to a smooth paste. Remove to a bowl.
- Separate the pineapple syrup from the pineapple rings. Take one cup pineapple syrup in a pan. Add ½ cup water to it. Sprinkle gelatin on this syrup for 2-3 minutes and gently heat till gelatin dissolves. Remove from fire.
- Add sugar to gelatin. Mix well to dissolve.
- Add the hot gelatin solution gradually, stirring continuously with the other hand, to the yogurt mixture. Mix well.
- Grate a firm lemon gently on the grater to get lemon rind. Do not grate the white pith beneath the yellow skin. Add the essence, lemon juice, rind and colourto the cheese cake mixture. Mix well.
- Place in the freezer compartment for 10 -15 minutes.
- Chop four pieces pineapple into tiny pieces. Remove the cheese cake mix from the freezer and beat with a spoon. Fold in pineapple pieces gently. Pour over the biscuit base. Keep in the fridge to set.
- For the topping, mix cornflour and sugar in milk and keep on fire. Bring to a boil. Stirrig continuously, till a thick sauce is ready. Remove from fire and let it cool down. Add colour and essence.
- Pour in a circle on the set cheese cake with spoon. Arrange pineapple pieces on the sides. Cut a slice from a lemon, cut it from any one end till the centre then twist it gently. Arrange the lemon twist in the centre. Serve cold.