Low Calorie Red Snapper Recipe
Enjoy this tasty fish recipe that doesn’t add too many calories into your system. The red snapper, like most fish, is rich in omega-3 fatty acids but quite low in saturated fat. There this could well fit into a low-fat diet recipe for weight loss. However, you may consult your dietitian once.
- Olive oil - 1 tbsp
- Chopped onion- 1/4 cup
- Chopped capsicum - 1/4 cup
- Garlic clove (minced) - 1
- Chopped tomatoes - 1/2 ounce
- Low-sodium Worcester sauce - 2 tsp
- Red wine vinegar - 2 tsp
- Dried basil - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - 1/4 tsp
- Black pepper (freshly ground) - 1/4 tsp
- Red snapper fillets - 4
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick pan at medium-high flame. When hot, add onions, capsicum and garlic. Saute them till tender.
- Add tomatoes, Worcester sauce, red wine vinegar, dried basil, salt and black pepper. Bring it to a boil.
- Then add the fillets, spooning the already cooked mixture over them.
- Put the flame to low heat. Cover and let it slow-cook for about 12 minutes. Then check whether on testing with a fork the fish flakes easily, it is ready.
- Garnish with basil sprigs, or chopped greens of spring onions and serve.