Omelete and Spinach Sandwich
- 2 tablespoons slims or double toned milk
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper + 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon of hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1 cup finely diced red and yellow capsicum (bell pepper)
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 4 slices of brown bread or multi grain bread
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (optional)
- 1 and 1/2 cups boiled small spinach leaves
Combine milk,egg whites,pepper,salt,pepper sauce in a big bowl, stirring with a beat until combined then set aside.
Heat nonstick pan over medium heat. Coat pan with olive oil. Add capsicum and onion; sauté for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium. Pour egg mixture into pan and let egg mixture set slightly. Cook the omelete on medium heat for 3-5minutes until done.
Arrange bread slices and dust mozzarella cheese and toast for 1 minute or until cheese begins to brown.Divide omelet into 4 parts and place 1 portion on bottom half of each toast. Top evenly with spinach leaves on each omelete portion.