Orange-Date Pumpkin Bread Recipe
This honey-sweetened pumpkin bread, with a lot of nuts and gets a good taste from a little-grated orange peel. It is an easy treat which can be enjoyed with your morning tea or coffee or have it in breakfast.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⅓ cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (15 ounces) pumpkin
- ¾ cup sugar
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- ½ cup honey
- ⅓ cup cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
- ⅓ cup orange juice
- ½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- ½ cup snipped pitted dates or raisins
- Prep: 20 min
- Ready in: 1hr 20min
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease and sprinkle some flour an 8 inches square pan or line bottoms with parchment paper in place of flour. Keep aside.
- In a large bowl, take all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, nutmeg, salt, and baking soda. Mix until smooth and keep aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix pumpkin, sugar, egg, honey, oil, orange peel, and orange juice. By using a wooden spoon, stir pumpkin mixture into flour mixture and keep mixing. Add nuts, dates, and raisins. Pour the whole mixture in a greasy pan.
- Bake about 50 minutes. After baking, Inserted a toothpick in it if a toothpick comes out clean it is properly baked. If a batter is stick on the toothpick than keep again in the oven for about 10 minutes. Don’t overcook.
- Keep that pan at normal temperature for about 10 minutes. Remove from pan after 10 minutes and cool down completely. Cut into normal size pieces. Served with tea or coffee.