- 2-3 egg whites
- 1/2 cup double toned or slim milk
- Salt according to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced yellow and red capsicum (bell pepper)
- 1/2 cup chopped or thinly sliced onions
- 1/4 cup low fat shredded cheese (optional)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine egg whites,milk,salt,black pepper in a bowl, stirring well using a whisk till fluffy.
Heat nonstick pan over medium heat. Sprinkle olive oil over the pan. Add yellow and red bell peppers and onions; now sauté for 2-3 minutes or till tender.Mix in egg mixture. Reduce heat and cook 5 minutes more, stirring occasionally for first 2 minutes. Top this semi cooked mixture with low fat cheese.
Put the semi cooked mixture in a baking dish and put the dish in oven at 375° for 12 minutes or until center is set. Cut frittata into 4 blocks.